Creating an Entity Mod
Entities in The Underworld are generic objects. They can have custom LUA code, allowing you to make them do interesting things.
These tutorials will help introduce you to writing LUA-enabled mods.
- Try making a quick Monster Mod to learn more about text parsing.
- Basic understanding of JSON syntax.
- Some basic knowledge on LUA scripting will be necessary:
- Entity Tutorial 0: Tools Setup
- Entity Tutorial 1: Creating a Simple Prop
- Entity Tutorial 2: Simple Script
- (Video demonstration of setup & compile steps on Windows)
- Entity Tutorial 3: Random Script
- Entity Tutorial 4 demonstrating a Usable Object & Modifying the Player
- GPS Sample demonstrating the 'this' keyword & location
- LUA Implementation Limitations & Notes
- Entity Mod JSON Format
- LUA Utility Functions
- Debugging Hints
- LUA Class Reference
If you get stuck, don't give up! Ask questions on discord.